6 reasons you should engage professionals for your graphic design needs
With the rise of freely available design software and image editing tools, everyone can now have a go at graphic design. This is certainly great if you are creating things like personalized birthday cards, a family photo album or the new header for your travel blog.
With the ability to use these tools to create things like that, it is very easy to underestimate the amount of work and creativity that has gone into creating a piece of design, like for example a logo. When you do your own DIY design at home, you trawl through hundreds of free templates, pick your favorite colors and decorative fonts. This is totally fine for personal use, as hiring a graphic designer to create your 5-year old’s birthday party invites might be a little excessive.
However, if graphic design is needed for business purposes, you should refrain from doing the designing yourself. Why? Below we have listed the 6 most important reasons why you should leave graphic design to a professional:
1) While free graphic design software is great, it has a very limited pool of basic templates and stock images which everyone uses. Your business would not stand out from the sea of others using a similar design and your customers are a lot less likely to remember your brand. A professional graphic designer has access to much more sophisticated tools and a wealth of resources, which will enable them to create a unique design with your business’ specific characteristics in mind.
2) Whether you are looking to develop your brand or create marketing materials for a new campaign, consistency across all channels is key. You want to be recognizable to customers by using the same color schemes, fonts and imagery in all communication about your company, be it your website, social media, brochures or an email newsletter. A professional designer knows this and is able to ensure the congruence of your brand.
3) Graphic designers are always up to date with the newest trends and developments in the industry and have expert knowledge of the underlying psychological topics and design theories. Thus, they can create a design which will appeal specifically to your chosen target audience.
4) Everyone in your company, including you, is busy with their own job and does not have the time and energy to spend hours developing a new logo or putting together that product flyer on top of their usual responsibilities. The task will be put off time and time again, whilst your business is missing out on the benefits of well-designed marketing materials. Hiring a professional designer takes this weight off your shoulders and allows you to fully concentrate on your job and the business itself.
5) Even though a professional graphic designer might cost more initially, the investment pays off in the long run. You get what you pay for and good quality design will last you a long time, whilst you are very likely to face at least one design overhaul when you go for cheap or DIY in the beginning.
6) Imagine creating a nice flyer yourself and having a 1000 copies printed – only to then realize the images are blurry and the bottom bit has been cut off. A professional designer gets your files print-ready for you and knows about the potential pitfalls which can occur as well as how to avoid them.
Great graphic design can elevate your business to the next level and it therefore is so important to take it seriously from the very beginning.
At Lingua Technologies International, we are delighted to be offering high quality Design Services to our clients. With us, you are in good hands: with over 20 years of experience in translation and localization, Lingua Technologies International is one of the pioneers in offering Multilingual Translation Service Solutions to Singapore and the region. We are proud of our longstanding reputation of delivering high quality results quickly and affordably. Our top priority are our clients and their happiness – we ensure that you are well taken care of throughout the whole project cycle, from design, creation and digital prep stages through to the final outcome.
Start your design journey now with Lingua Technologies International!