The “Circuit Breaker” measure imposed by the government of Singapore started on the 7th of April and it will last till the 4th of May.
At the end of it, whether our lives will return to normal or not depends very much on how well we have adhered to the advice to stay at home.
WFH is not as easy as it seemed after all.
You must have read many tips on how to WFH.
Here, we would like to suggest a few things that will help keep your sanity and allow you to work more productively without having to hate what you are doing at the end of this WFH period.
- Shower – Have a shower in the morning. You are working from home. You are not lazing at home.
- Dress up – I don’t mean putting on your office wear or make up. I mean get out of your sleeping clothes.
- Take breaks – Take regular breaks every 1 or 2 hours. 5 to 10 minutes break is necessary to help you loosen your tight muscles, and rest your eyes. It will help you to re-focus too.
- Have proper lunch breaks – Have a proper lunch break like you would when you are working in the office. Let everyone know that you are on lunch break so you won’t be disturbed.
- Exercise – You can still and must do some form of exercise. This will keep you happy and healthy.
- Stay away from your Fridge – no need to elaborate on this.
- Have some light soothing music playing in the background. It will calm your nerves.
- Set boundaries at home – Let your family members know that you are working and that you do not want to be disturbed during this time.
- Drink lots of water – It will keep you hydrated and prevent you from munching on junk food.
- When you are done for the day, log off.
We hope you will find this useful.
During this period, please keep yourself safe and healthy.
And STAY AT HOME!!
#circuitbreaker #covid19 #workfromhome #translationcompany #Singaporetranslationservice